Sunday, January 29, 2012

Commentary magazine exposes them, yet again

Just read a funny article in the Feb. issue of Commentary magazine, one of those publications that fascinate me for its consistent idiocy. This piece, a choice example, was entitled "The Big Lie: How Anti-Semites Are Asserting Their right to Define 'Anti-Semitism' -- and Why the Culture is Allowing Them to Do This."

The article is replete with absurdities and contradictions, but the most glaring is the circular logic embodied in its title. How do I know the people denounced in this title are really anti-Semites? Well, because the author is entitled to define "anti-Semite," whereas they are not. And how do I know they are not? Why, of course, because they're anti-Semites.

On a more general note about Commentary, I've been reading it for years and I find much of it riveting. I read many of their (usually long) articles from the first to the last sentence. Every word of it is B.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment